We offer classes for every level, and each class is specifically tailored to meet the needs of each student. Classes are available in 30, 45 and 60 minutes, and are provided once a week.
The lesson and time stays the same each week, unless otherwise noted in advance. Also, if an instructor is out sick, a substitute will be provided and the student is expected to still attend class.
We offer private music lessons in piano, guitar, drums, vocals, violin, cello and woodwinds.
Thank you for choosing Tavan Music Academy
The following is a list of policies that apply to both you and your student. These policies ensure that your experience at Tavan Music Academy will be great, and maximizes your students potential of learning. Our instructors reserve time on their schedules, plan for your lessons, and invest in the long-term development of each student. To provide regular, quality lessons, the following policies need to be observed.
For any questions or request, please call us at 408-692-4222 or at 408-600-6550 within our office hours. You can also email us at email@example.com. For any calls or emails that are received after hours, we will get back to you by the next business day.
We are open all year, including holidays (based on teachers’ availabilities)
The registration fee, which will be a one time charge of $50, will allow us to help find the right instructor for your student and find the perfect time slot for the lesson. If you discontinue lessons, and re-register in the future, a new registration fee will be applied.
Starting October 2019, all lessons will be automatically charged on the 1st week of the month to the account holders credit card on file. The charges will include 4 lessons at $43 per lesson (30 minutes), $62 per lesson (45 minutes) or $73 per lesson (60 minutes). 5 lessons will be charged for months with 5 weeks.
For those paying by cash, tuition will be due at the end of the final lesson before the following month. Please inquire for cash prices. Tavan Music Academy will no longer be accepting checks as payment. For any payment received after 24 hours from the first lesson, there will be a $20 late fee applied.
1. Students are expected to keep their agreed schedule. Students are expected to show up to their lessons on time. Teachers are not responsible to make up for lost time due to a student’s late arrival.
2. Within every calendar year, each student can cancel up to 4 lessons PROVIDED at least one business day advance notice is given. These 4 lessons are not refundable, however, they can be rescheduled within the same month, given availability. Please note, we can not guarantee that the lesson will be with the same instructor.
(Cancellations beyond the fourth lesson will be charged and no make-up lessons will be provided.)
Note: the above cancellation policies do not apply to observed holidays. They are, New Year's Day (December 31st and January 1st), Memorial Day (May), Independence Day (July 4th), Labor Day (September), Thanksgiving (late November, Thursday and Friday), and Christmas (December 24th and 25th)
3. Same day cancellations and any missed lessons (not coming to a scheduling lesson) will be charged and there will be no make-up lesson or credit provided (this includes being sick the day of a scheduled lesson).
4. If the student cannot give one business day notice in case of an emergency, Tavan Music Academy may arrange a makeup lesson with the student's teacher or a substitute. No credit will be given under these circumstances.
5. No show’s will not be considered for make up lessons or credited.
6. Rescheduling will be provided upon the discretion of the teacher. Keep in mind that teachers have busy schedules. Tavan Music Academy has the right not to provide makeup lessons for those who are rescheduling multiple times and abusing the makeup privileges.
7. Any student who misses or cancels 4 or more lessons consecutively will not be guaranteed to keep their reserved lesson time and instructor.
8. Any cancellation for a Monday class should be notified to Tavan Music Academy by the Friday prior.
9. A substitute teacher will be provided for the student if the instructor cannot make the class. If a substitute cannot be provided in time, the lessons will be rescheduled or credited.
10. Make-up lessons will NOT be scheduled for canceled make-up lessons.
Cancellation of this contract requires 30-day notice. This is in order to enable the instructor to rearrange the schedule with other students and fill your old time slot. Simply let the administrator know at the time of payment that it will be your last month OR that you would like to just try it out for your first month. However, if you withdraw this commitment without 30 days advance notice. Tavan Music Academy does not issue refunds under any circumstances.
Substitutions and Lesson Changes:
If you decide to change instructors or your lesson instrument, please give us a 14-day advance notice before the 1st of the month. If your current teacher is unable to teach a lesson, a substitute teacher will be arranged. If your regular teacher becomes unavailable, you will be provided a new teacher with similar teaching style, or the opportunity to choose a new teacher.
If your regular teacher becomes unavailable, you will be provided a new teacher with similar style, or the opportunity to choose another one of Tavan Music Academy’s instructors.
Pay Per Lesson Pricing
30 MINUTE LESSON: $50.00
45 MINUTE LESSON: $65.00
60 MINUTE LESSON: $85.00
Please be aware that lesson’s credits expire after one month of the purchase.
For families with more than one student, a 5% discount will be applied on the 2nd and 3rd student.
We offer two recitals per year (October and March). Recitals are a unique opportunity to perform in front of an audience. We strongly encourage students to perform. Recital fees are $35.00 for each student and will be included in your October and March payment, unless otherwise specified.
Photo and Video Release:
We use photos and short videos of our student’s performance on our website and YouTube. These videos and posts are used for marketing purposes and to encourage other students to practice and participate in future recitals. If you do not want your child's image to be used, please let us know.
We strongly encourage students to practice 5-7 days a week in addition to their lessons. Ideal practice sessions would include completing their specific practice assignments, practicing with the metronome, and watching videos recommended by the instructor (if any). We recommend a practice time of 15-30 minutes daily. Practice can be broken up into several smaller sessions for younger students. Also, we ask students to make notes and write down questions they may have for their instructors.
For students under the age of 8, we highly recommend parents attending the lessons as well and take detailed practice notes from the lesson. Please make sure your cell phone is turned off during the lesson. We also suggest supervising daily practice sessions to ensure the best results from your student’s lessons. We welcome discussion about your child’s progress at the beginning of your child’s lesson with the instructor.
Care of Students
Tavan Music Academy is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students.